Here are some of the things we will be working on this week:
- Continuing to write small moment stories – Think of an Idea, Plan, Write, Revise
- Adding detail to stories by making our characters move and talk
- Building good reading habits – Read with your eyes scooping up words into phrases; Using the pictures to help us figure out the words; Dropping our bad reading habits and picking up good ones
- Word Work – focus depends on each child’s specific spelling list
- Adding and subtracting within 20.
- Building fluency with addition and subtraction facts to 10 through games and math sprints.
- Relating counting to addition and subtraction (ex: counting on 2 to add 2)
- Word Problems
- Responsibility – focusing on how one persons actions can affect others
- Practice counting to 12o and skip counting by 2s and 5s when driving in the car
- Read for 20 minutes each night and record in the Reading Log
- Retell the most important parts of the story in order
- Practice writing spelling words in sentences
- Be a word detective and look for your spelling and sight words in books you are reading
- Practice reading sight words
- Check out some of the cool apps and website that are on the blog!!!
Important Dates and Reminders
- September 28 – 9:00am Start (Please pack a snack as students are often hungry before lunch)
- October 2 – No School
- Fill out the Contact Form to share your contact information with other parents
- Pack enough healthy food for snack and recess so your child is not hungry throughout the day