Here are some of the things we will be working on this week:
- Reading and writing How-To pieces
- Using multiple reading strategies when we come to a word we don’t know
- Word Detectives – using snap words to help solve unknown words
- Word Work
- Adding and subtracting within 20
- Word Problems
- The relationship between addition and subtraction (ex: 2+4=6, 6-4=2)
- Phases of the moon
- Patterns in the sky
- Practice addition math facts
- Read for 20 minutes each night and record in the Reading Log
- Retell the most important parts of the story in order
- Practice sight words from individual lists (if applicable). Students need to be able to say these words in a snap! To help students remember, try having them read the word, spell the word and write the word.
Important Dates and Reminders
- Book Fair – Our class will attend Nov 15 (please send money if you would like your child to purchase a book). Open to parents Nov 14 (5pm – 7pm); Nov 15-Nov 16 (8am-4:30pm)
- November 15 – Snuggle Up and Read Event in the Library 6-7pm (wear your pajamas, bring your favorite stuffed toy and or blanket)
- November 16 – 9am start
- November 20 – Our Changing Bodies – How to Talk to Your Children from Birth to 5th grade Information Session (8:00 am) in the Innovatrium (Next to the Cafe)
- November 22 – Student Council Movie Night (3:00-4:30) Sign Up Here (Please add your child’s name to the My Comments Box.
- November 24 – No School
- December 1 – Class photos
- Fill out the Contact Form to share your contact information with other parents.