Here are some of the things we will be working on this week:
- Reading and writing How-To pieces
- Using checklists to help us set writing goals
- Using multiple reading strategies when we come to a word we don’t know
- Word Detectives – paying attention to word beginnings and endings
- Word Work
- Subtraction within 20
- Word Problems
- The relationship between addition and subtraction (ex: 2+4=6, 6-4=2)
- Phases of the moon
- Patterns in the sky (sun, moon, stars)
- Practice addition math facts
- Read for 20 minutes each night and record in the Reading Log
- Retell the most important parts of the story in order
- Practice sight words from individual lists (if applicable). Students need to be able to say these words in a snap! To help students remember, try having them read the word, spell the word and write the word.
Important Dates and Reminders
- November 22 – Student Council Movie Night (3:00-4:30) Sign Up Here (Please add your child’s name to the My Comments Box.
- November 23 – 9:00am start
- November 24 – No School
- December 1 – Class photos
- Fill out the Contact Form to share your contact information with other parents.