Here are some of the things we will be working on this week:
- Writing introductions and conclusions for our How-To pieces
- Revising and editing
- Using multiple reading strategies when we come to a word we don’t know
- Word Detectives – using words we know to help us solve unknown words
- Word Work
- Subtraction within 20
- Word Problems
- Using number lines to add and subtract
- Patterns in the sky (sun, moon, stars)
- The difference between day and night
- Practice addition math facts
- Read for 20 minutes each night and record in the Reading Log
- Retell the most important parts of the story in order
- Practice sight words from individual lists (if applicable). Students need to be able to say these words in a snap! To help students remember, try having them read the word, spell the word and write the word.
Important Dates and Reminders
- November 30 – 9:00am start
- December 1 – Class photos
- Fill out the Contact Form to share your contact information with other parents.
- Brrr – As the weather gets colder, please make sure your child wears warm clothes to school!