Here are some of the things we will be working on this week:
- Reading Nonfiction texts
- Writing Informational books
- Using reading strategies to solve unknown words
- Short and long vowels
- Place Value
- Making groups of 10 to help when adding 3 digit numbers (ex: 6+4+5= Step 1:6+4=10 Step 2:10+5=15)
- Read for 20 minutes each night and record in the Reading Log
- Retell the most important parts of the story in order
- Have your child ask questions during different parts of a story you are reading
- Come up with your own ending for a story
- Practice sight words from individual lists (if applicable). Students need to be able to say these words in a snap! To help students remember, try having them read the word, spell the word and write the word.
Important Dates and Reminders
- January 18 – 9:ooam start
- Fill out the Contact Form to share your contact information with other parents.
- Brrr – Please make sure your child wears warm clothes (like a jacket) to school!