Here are some of the things we will be working on this week:
- Reading Nonfiction texts
- Writing Informational books
- Reading with fluency
- Looking at the book closely to help with read alouds
- Specific word work
- Place Value
- Using a variety of tools to make groups of 10 when adding 2 and 3 digit numbers (ex: ten frames, place value cubes, unifex cubes, drawings)
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Read for 20 minutes each night and record in the Reading Log
- Retell the most important parts of the story in order. Don’t forget to include the characters and setting!
- Have your child ask questions during different parts of a story you are reading
- Practice sight words from individual lists (if applicable). Students need to be able to say these words in a snap! To help students remember, try having them read the word, spell the word and write the word.
Important Dates and Reminders
- February 1 – 9:ooam start