Here’s what we are working on this week:
- Reading Nonfiction texts
- Getting ready to share our Informational books
- Specific word work
- Place Value
- Making groups of 10 to help with subtraction
- Breaking numbers apart into tens and ones (ex: 24 = 2 groups of ten and 4 ones)
- Addition fluency
- How animals engage in behaviors that help the offspring survive.
- All living things have external parts that are used in different ways (see, hear, movement, protection).
- Read for 20 minutes each night and record in the Reading Log
- Identify the main idea and supporting details in books you are reading.
- Research an animal of your choice and find out how it protects itself and its offspring.
- Practice counting objects by grouping them into 10s.
- Practice your addition flash cards
Important Dates and Reminders
- February 20 – No School
- February 21 – Writing Celebration 2:15-2:45 in the Learning Commons
- February 22 – 9:00am start
- Find the February Calendar here