Here’s what we are working on this week:
- Getting to know the characters we are reading about (honing in on what the character is thinking and feeling)
- Starting our new unit writing unit: Music in Our Hearts – Writing Songs and Poetry
- Specific word work
- Place Value
- Making groups of 10 to help with subtraction
- Identifying what is important in a word problem.
- Breaking numbers apart into tens and ones (ex: 24 = 2 groups of ten and 4 ones)
- Addition fluency
- How animals engage in behaviors that help the offspring survive.
- All living things have external parts that are used in different ways (see, hear, movement, protection).
- Read for 20 minutes each night and record in the Reading Log
- Identify the main idea and supporting details in books you are reading.
- Use descriptive words to discuss the characters in books you are reading.
- Practice your math flash cards
Important Dates and Reminders
- February 26-March 2 – We Are Readers Week
- March 1– 9:00am start & Field Trip (We are still in need of one chaperone)
- March 2 – Book Character Dress Day (come to school dressed as your favorite book character)
- Find the March Calendar here