Here’s what we are working on this week:
- Noticing how characters are feeling by studying their body language, gestures, and facial expressions.
- Using what we know about characters to help us act out our books.
- Using specific vocabulary to help us make our poems more meaningful
- Specific word work
- Adding and subtracting using place value
- Breaking numbers apart into tens and ones (ex: 24 = 2 groups of ten and 4 ones)
- Creating numbers using tens and ones
- Addition fluency
- How animals engage in behaviors that help the offspring survive.
- All living things have external parts that are used in different ways (see, hear, movement, protection).
- Read for 20 minutes each night and record in the Reading Log
- Retell the beginning, middle and end of the story you are reading
- Use descriptive words to discuss the characters in books you are reading.
- Practice word patterns by sorting weekly word cards
- Practice your math flash cards
Important Dates and Reminders
- March 15 and 16 – Parent Teacher Conferences (No School for Students)
- March 29 NOT March 30– 9 am start
- Find the March Calendar here (remember late start is March 29 NOT March 30)
- March 31-April 9 – Spring Break (No School)