Here’s what we are working on this week:
- Noticing how characters are feeling by studying their body language, gestures, and facial expressions.
- Performing our books in different ways (ex: using different voices for the characters, changing the characters feelings)
- Using specific vocabulary and writing techniques to express our feelings
- Specific word work
- Adding and subtracting using place value
- Measurement using non-standard units
- Comparing the length of two objects
- Addition fluency
- How animals engage in behaviors that help the offspring survive.
- All living things have external parts that are used in different ways (see, hear, movement, protection).
- Read for 20 minutes each night and record in the Reading Log
- Retell the beginning, middle and end of the story you are reading
- Use descriptive words to discuss the characters in books you are reading.
- Practice word patterns by sorting weekly word cards
- Practice your math flash cards
Important Dates and Reminders
- March 19 – Day 7 (The calendar will be updated tomorrow)
- March 29 NOT March 30– 9 am start
- Find the March Calendar here (remember late start is March 29 NOT March 30)
- March 31-April 9 – Spring Break (No School)