Here’s what we are working on this week:
- Working in groups to perform our books in different ways (ex: using different voices for the characters, changing the characters feelings)
- Using specific vocabulary and writing techniques to help us write poetry
- Specific word work
- Adding and subtracting using place value
- Measurement using non-standard units
- Comparing the length of two objects
- Addition fluency
- Identifying traits of maps.
- Learning how to read maps.
- Direction (right, left, straight)
- Read for 20 minutes each night and record in the Reading Log
- Retell the beginning, middle and end of the story you are reading
- Use descriptive words to discuss the characters in books you are reading.
- Practice word patterns by sorting weekly word cards
- Practice your math flash cards
Important Dates and Reminders
- March 29 – 9 am start
- Find the March Calendar here
- March 31-April 9 – Spring Break (No School)