I hope you had a nice long weekend. Here’s what we are working on this week:
- Taking charge of our reading by noticing tricky words and asking “Does it look right?”,“Does it sound right?”, “Does it make sense?”.
- Using the events of a story to help problem solve difficult words (what makes sense?)
- Making our opinions more convincing.
- Persuading others to share our opinion.
- Specific word work
- Measuring objects using non-standard units
- Distinguishing between defining attributes vs. non-defining attributes of shapes.
- Using 2-D and 3-D shapes to create a new shape.
- Partitioning circles and rectangles into 2 and 4 equal shares and describe the shares using the words halves, fourths, and quarters.
- Addition fluency
- Identifying traits of maps.
- Learning how to read maps.
- Direction (right, left, straight)
- Read for 20 minutes each night and record in the Reading Log.
- Retell the beginning, middle and end of the story you are reading.
- Practice word patterns by sorting weekly word cards.
- Draw a map of your bedroom, or another part of your house.
- Practice your math flash cards.
- Remember to bring your Opinion writing collection to school!
Important Dates and Reminders
- April 19 – Regular 8am start
- Find the April Calendar here
- May 18 – ES Book Swap (more information here)