Here’s what we are working on this week:
- Taking charge of our reading by noticing tricky words and asking “Does it look right?”,“Does it sound right?”, “Does it make sense?”.
- Using sight words and sounds to figure out unknown words.
- Writing reviews.
- Using persuasive language.
- Specific word work
- Distinguishing between defining attributes vs. non-defining attributes of shapes.
- Using 2-D and 3-D shapes to create a new shape.
- Partitioning circles and rectangles into 2 and 4 equal shares and describe the shares using the words halves, fourths, and quarters.
- Addition fluency
- Giving and following directions (right, left, straight)
- Read for 20 minutes each night and record in the Reading Log.
- Retell the beginning, middle and end of the story you are reading.
- Practice word patterns by sorting weekly word cards.
- Practice your math flash cards.
Important Dates and Reminders
- April 26 – 9am start
- April 30 – May 4 – Earth Week
- May 1 – No School
- May 3 – 9am start
- May 18 – ES Book Swap (more information here)