Here’s what we are working on this week:
- Taking charge of our reading by noticing tricky words and asking “Does it look right?”,“Does it sound right?”, “Does it make sense?”.
- Make movies to picture what is happening in stories.
- Writing reviews – adding Introductions and Conclusions and working together to edit writing.
- Specific word work
- Distinguishing between defining attributes vs. non-defining attributes of shapes.
- Partitioning circles and rectangles into 2 and 4 equal shares and describe the shares using the words halves, fourths, and quarters.
- Addition fluency
- Giving and following directions (right, left, straight)
- Read for 20 minutes each night and record in the Reading Log.
- Retell the beginning, middle and end of the story you are reading.
- Practice word patterns by sorting weekly word cards.
- Practice your math flash cards.
Important Dates and Reminders
- May 1 – May 4 – Earth Week
Tuesday: No plastic bag/bottle day and Pick up trash day (reusable plastic water bottles are okay!)
Wednesday: Reduce water day
Thursday: Recycle art day. As a class, we will be creating paper mache representations of the Earth. If you have old newspapers, could you please send them to school before Thursday.
- May 3 – 9am start
- May 18 – ES Book Swap (more information here)
- May 25 – No School