Here’s what we are working on this week:
- Sounding like a reading star (scooping up words, using expression, showing feeling, reading loud and clear)
- Using the storyline to make predictions
- Editing and revising book reviews to make sure opinions are clear and interesting
- Specific word work
- Read and write time to hour and half hour
- Addition fluency
- Planning and conducting investigations to show that vibrating materials can make sound and sound can make materials vibrate
- Read for 20 minutes each night and record in the Reading Log.
- Retell the beginning, middle and end of the story you are reading.
- Practice reading with fluency.
- Practice word patterns by sorting weekly word cards.
- Practice your math flash cards.
Important Dates and Reminders
- May 17 – 9am start
- May 18 – ES Book Swap (Books can be dropped off now. More information here)
- May 23 – Field Day (Children will need: to wear their teams color of t-shirt, to wear sunscreen, a hat, a water bottle, a dry change of clothes and a recess snack)
- May 25 – No School
- Last day for clubs:
***Sunday, May 21st Soccer, Basketball, Hip Hop, Fun Science
***Monday, May 15th Basketball, Soccer, Fencing, Arts & Crafts, Yoga
***Tuesday – completed
***Wednesday, May 17th TWD, Fun Engineering, Break Dancing, Lego Club, Mixed Media Art
***Thursday, May 18th Robotics We Do, Robotics E3 level, Choir 2-5